Damages when the container floor contains greasy goods
Type of container floor made of wood, if not painted, surface treatment. When there is any liquid, especially oil, the solution poured on the container floor will seep into the openings. This can not be completely washed with water, the floor surface will be very dirty, dirt easily adheres to the goods.
These contaminants, especially lubricants, make the containers unsuitable for packing goods such as: Food, textiles, or any other consumer goods that are sensitive to dirt and oil.
In addition, shipping lines will force shippers to pay from a few million to nearly 50 million dong (depending on the severity) for a container with oil on the floor to clean the deck or force a complete replacement. all by container.
How carriers charge when there is oil on the container floor
When the empty container is returned to the yard, the yard staff will check and record the status on the container bill of lading. If the container floor is greasy, the warehouse owner will ask the shipping unit to advance money. The amount is more or less depending on the degree of flow and oiliness (maybe millions to hundreds of millions for 1 container).
At that time, the container truck owner must advance this amount if he wants to bring the container to the warehouse. Without paying the fee, the vehicle owner will not be able to remove the empty container from the vehicle and continue to use the vehicle to load other goods, the longer it is, the greater the costs and delays.
After the container truck receives the goods, the goods owner brings the “Container Bill of Lading” and the “Collection Receipt” to ask the importer to pay an advance. These costs are mostly charged to the importing unit.
What causes dirty container floors?
– Lubricating oil of the buyer’s warehouse forklift (imported) sticks to the container when unloading.
– Lubricating oil from the forklift in the warehouse of the seller (exporter) sticks to the container during packing
– Oil, other dirt from previous shipments (not related to buyers and sellers) because ports and shipping lines do not clear empty containers before delivering to sellers.
– Due to the goods transported in the container, including lubricants, chemicals, liquid foods, etc., were punctured during transportation, loading and unloading, and were scattered on the floor of the container.
– Oil and other dirt generated during the repair and maintenance of Containers are not in accordance with regulations
Measures to prevent oil on the container floor
– In the process of packing and transporting goods, it is necessary to carefully check the packaging, to avoid the case that the packaging and goods are contaminated with oil and other dirty substances that are loaded into the Container.
– Goods containing dirt and grease spots should be packed according to regulations and used specialized containers.
– The process of maintenance and repair of Containers must be carried out in accordance with the regulations for each type and carefully checked before being put into use.
– Use specialized chemicals (anti-adhesion paint) to treat the surface of the Container floor.
At Phuong Nam Phat Co., Ltd., we specialize in providing all spare parts to repair and repair Containers, including specialized chemicals used to treat the surface of Container floors to prevent grease and chemicals from sticking. other.